As we end our first semester of IB Chemistry I can’t help but reflect on the quality of thinking demonstrated by the new owners of Chemical Paradigms. They had a strong act to follow, but you have to be impressed by the way they have stepped up to the challenge.
As a class, you are definitely becoming a community of independent thinkers, but you each have your own unique voice. You have tackled some complex science topics, and worked hard to deepen your knowledge and application of science to the real world, your world. Most importantly you have been open to sharing your new ideas and different ways of thinking.
To celebrate your work nominate the blog/s that you think best demonstrate the characteristics, we value most. A blog could be nominated for one or more of these categories.
- Curiosity: Their research shows a love and enjoyment of learning.
- Knowledge: Explored concepts, ideas and issues that have local and/or global significance.
- Thinking: Use their thinking skills critically and creatively to recognize and approach complex ideas and issues in Science.
- Communication: Understand and express ideas and information confidently and clearly.
- Open-mindedness: They seek out points of view that are different to their own. For example different academic traditions, cultures, and experiences.
- Risk Taking: They approach unfamiliar or challenging topics with an independent spirit.
- Reflective: They give thoughtful consideration to their own learning and experience. They are able to assess and understand their strengths and limitations.
- TOK Talk: Integrated TOK and Science thinking skills
- Connections: Able to make strong connections between science and other area of knowledge.
So, spend a moment reflecting, and with strong justification (of course) nominate a blog you think best represents the spirit of that category.
Nominations due by Sunday December 18th